Thursday, January 16, 2014

Living Art, 5.7

The challenge: Take inspiration from a specific art movement and create a work of "living art"



My concept: Since all the art movements except Pop Art had two examples, I decided to be the double for that movement. I wanted my character to emphasize the strength, independence, fun, and sexiness of womanhood, as depicted by Warhol. Because the 50's and the 80's shared similar progress for women's rights movements, I wanted her to embody both decades, as well as have elements of the new WPAP revival of the art movement in Korea.


This was one of the most fun characters to create, and it was the most well received! Several of the girls I know were asking me to create this for them to wear for Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Can you make a colored version of this character?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you make a colored version of this character?

    ReplyDelete