Tuesday, February 18, 2014

In the Shadows, 6.5

The challenge: Based on shadowy images, create the monster that would have cast that shadow.




My concept: I absolutely love scary movies, so it was very cool to have that be an inspiration in this week's challenge! Because only one person chose the "goblin"-like shadow, that was the one I went with (although I might have cheated and added elements of some other shadow figures as well).
My creature is a pale, darkness-dwelling beast who never comes out into the light. His eyes are well adjusted to the darkness and his crooked teeth and jagged nails make him a nasty predator.

I felt myself being inspired from creatures like Gollum, the Homunculi "Tooth Fairies" in Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, and the cave-dwellers in The Descent. Several horror movies rely on the fear of the dark, and while many dark-dwelling creatures share similar characteristics, I think this one is creepy enough to be part of his own line.

 
Obviously, the character isn't overly detailed, and while the scuplt would have to be clean, it would be a solid paint job that would sell this as a makeup, much like what Corinne had to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment