Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Guitar Gods, 6.4 (ie. My Struggle-Bus Challenge)

The challenge: Taking inspiration from an electric guitar, create a "Guitar God" that has been infused with the instrument.


My concept: So, I went online and searched through some electric guitars with interesting designs, and came across this one:
It has some interesting curves to it, and seemed very feminine. The structure of it is elegant, yet edgy; like someone took a classic guitar and started to break it apart into something more modern and exciting. 
This idea translates into my character. This is Euterpe, the Greek Muse of Musicians. When a musician calls upon her, she comes to their aid in the form of their instrument. Typically, she would appear as an elegant harp or flute, but in the 80's, a female rock band has called on her for inspiration. 
Coming to them with a modernized appearance, she helped take the band to the top of the charts.

I put frets on her arms, strings coming from her shoulders, her face has the design of the body of the guitar, and I built in some of the finger-placement markers as designs on her skin and boots.

THIS WEEK WAS A STRUGGLE BUS

If I was actually competing on the show, this would've been a week where I would have been in the bottom. I could not hammer down a final look to save my life. Does she have hair, no hair, I don't know! Then I wanted to add something goddess-like on her back, so I made this music note arch with the tails of the notes falling off of it, but then I didn't really like it, so I was sorely conflicted. 
                                          

I enjoyed some of the design ideas I came up with for her body and how to integrate the guitar, but as far as making an overall exciting character, I couldn't decide what I wanted. 

PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK
 I would love to hear comments on which design of the four you thought was the strongest look, and what I could have done to to improve the look of it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment