Monday, May 5, 2014

Heavenly Bodies, 6.15

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS RASHAAD!!! You were a great contestant the entire season, and I was happy to see you win. Tyler and George are both hugely talented so it was definitely up in the air; way to go guys! I can't wait to see the projects you work on next.

Second, sorry everything is so late...school/finals/projects got in the way of everything fun, but now I am back. I probably won't be posting weekly anymore, maybe bi-weekly until the next season starts.

But keep in touch via Twitter (Follow @RyTy18) and send me ideas for new challenges; I always need new stuff!

The challenge: Inspired by a constellation, create two rival aliens that have lights incorporated in them.


My concept: The remaining constellation was "Pegasus", the winged horse. I wanted to create alien species that could have inspired some sort of Greek myth. I drew from the legend of Atlantis and wanted my aliens to have aquatic elements, but to be polar opposite: She is "Pegasus" and is very soft-bodied and flowing. Her body is semi-transparent and allows her bio-luminescent qualities to radiate outward. He is a warrior and a hunter trying to capture her for his prize.


I don't like to toot my own horn, but I absolutely love these characters! I wanted the silhouettes to read as a horse and a greek warrior, and they totally do! She is more like a seahorse and a sea slug combined, while he is much more rigid like a crustacean. I wanted to make the "armor" qualities seem organic, and a crustacean's exoskeleton was the best way to do so. He even has a "mane" to tie into the horse theme!

Please keep in touch between now and next season, and tell me what you think! I love to get feedback and critiques on my work so that I can keep improving!



No comments:

Post a Comment