Thursday, September 11, 2014

Makeup Homework Help

So I only have four required classes left over my last year before I can graduate, so I wanted to take some fun classes. And to start my Face Off Audition training, I took a makeup class! The class is designed for Stage Makeup, but I am trying to practice some more realistic approaches in it. Granted, this is my first time working with a lot of these materials, so I have a long way to go, but I am really enjoying it.

Basic corrective Makeup - Day 1 (hopefully, more fun makeups to come!)


HERE IS MY PROBLEM:
We are doing Old Age makeup next week and I wanted to practice first; my aim was to create a more realistic wrinkle texture, so I used liquid latex and stippled it on in layers to create the skin. Well that all looked great, but then when I put makeup on top of it to contour my face or to accentuate certain wrinkles, it looked messy, discolored, and was almost impossible to blend. I had trouble with age-spots because I didn't want to tear the latex. There has to be a better way, right??



WHAT SHOULD I DO??
Do I put the makeup on for contouring before I put on the liquid latex? Is there a better way to achieve this look?
Any advice you could give about old age makeups like this would be so helpful!

Comment below, or shoot me an email at rstraut@purdue.edu

1 comment: