Tuesday, September 15, 2015

All that Glitters, 9.7

Seth and I both had an incredible time this weekend at MaskFest! It was so awesome to meet everyone, see all of the cool projects you have been working on, and to hear your feedback! I think we were both very inspired by the judges panel, and it was fun to get Ve and Glenn's reactions to our work for the first time (Neville is a seasoned pro). However, Neville's comments were powerful and encouraging; positive critiques, great advice, and he even got a sneak peek at some of the makeups I have been working on for my #30DayHalloweenChallenge!!











Ok so for this challenge, Seth and I had to get a little creative. We each took a picture of ourselves and sent it to the other to use as the model.

The challenge: 
Transform a male model into a female leading lady from some of Shakespeare's most well-known works.

Our concepts: I am a HUGE fan of Shakespeare so I knew right away that I could jump into any one of these characters. I wanted to work with Hecate because I felt that I could create a dark and gothic, yet beautiful woman. The full nature of Seth's jaw lends itself to a more old-fashioned character.
Seth transformed me into a sleek, feminine fairy queen...very Tilda Swinton-esque.




Again, it was so great to see everyone this weekend! Thank you for the encouragement, and I can't wait to see the Gauntlet this week!!
Expect to see us on Twitter @RyTy18 and @seth842.
 Give us a shout out and a RT to share with your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment