Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Foreign Bodies, 10.5


Ok back in business

Sort of... My Wacom is broken but my co-worker let me borrow hers until mine gets replaced.
Thank goodness!

Rob is in our top looks again! The parasitic creature that Kaleb and Rob did together was AWESOME!! Love that they thought about the suspense in the reveal and placed the exposure on the back of the model. The design of the parasite is also very realistic and believable.


ANNOUNCEMENT: 
Many of the Face Off artists visited Indianapolis (my hometown) last fall for Mask Fest! It was great to spend some time with you all, and I hope some of the Season 10 artists will appear as well (Kaleb and Mel already made some guest appearances I think!).  
This year, I will be having a table at Mask Fest doing promotion and selling some out-of-kit stuff, so I would love to chill with you all weekend! Let me know if you will be in town!!


The challenge: 
Create a long-lost race inspired by an artifact and unique language created by David Peterson.

Our concepts: Seth is busy starring in a "Cabaret" in New York so he didn't get to a concept this week, but my concept pulled from the tape worm organism. Since it grows in your stomach, I wanted it to burst out of the digestive tract and abdomen. But rather than create a typical "wormy" body, this one has evolved to have more flagella-like appendages for extra gross factor. It has multiple mouths that it used to feed on the inside of the body and now can attach itself to many victims and consume their flesh all at once!



I would also like to introduce Toni Johnson, a talented artist and blogger who also enjoys creating Face Off concepts! Toni's concept is equally haunting for this week's challenge, and more art can be found here. She does INCREDIBLE work so be sure to check her out, and I will try to feature her art more.


As always, share your thoughts! We love that we are getting to know the Season 10 family and you are starting to interact with us more. Find us on Social Media, give us a shoutout, and as always, keep up the incredible work! And again, if you are going to be at Mask Fest, give me a shout!


                                FACEBOOK          TWITTER          INSTAGRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment