Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Smoke and Mirrors, 10.8


MIRROR MIRROR, ON THE WALL
WHICH MAKEUP WAS THE BEST OF THEM ALL?

This was a very cool challenge! I remember seeing Yvonne's makeup in the previews and have been waiting ALL SEASON to see how it was coming into play! It was FASCINATING!! Such an interesting, inhuman form. LOVED IT! And MEL, girl, you keep on killing it! The coffee grounds trick is such a good out-of-kit tool that really paid off for you :) Love it! Always fun for us to cheer you on.

 


ANNOUNCEMENTS: 
So you all know by now that I am going to be a vendor at Mask Fest, and I hope to see you all there! 
But before I go to that, I will be spending some time learning from some of your Face Off family members, and a few who got me started doing this whole blog, at FX University! I am very much looking forward to this incredible opportunity and really REALLY want to help grow my skills! 
I have applied for a scholarship to this program, and part of the application involves social media shares, so if you could, please share my posts on Facebook and Twitter about FX University! :)


If you didn't catch it last week, check out the video of my 30 Day Halloween Challenge for 2016


And this year, I am challenging makeup artists all over to join me in my challenge. Whether you want to create one look or all 30, I want to see your interpretations of these word prompts! Tweet at me if you have questions!

The challenge: 
Transform beautiful, but evil sorceresses into the hideous true self
Our concepts: Ok so I wanted to tackle the Emerald Empress because that seemed like one of the most challenging ideas conceptually. I was inspired a little bit by Oz but wanted her to be aging and her outer skin is hard like a mineral, cracking away with each dark spell she casts. Her body has emeralds extruding from her body, giving her the strength she needs to create her black magic. Seth created the Shadow Enchantress as a floating dark spirit, allowing shadows to crawl up her body and project as deadly spells from her hands.







As always, share your thoughts! We love that we are getting to know the Season 10 family and you are starting to interact with us more. Find us on Social Media, give us a shoutout, and as always, keep up the incredible work! And again, if you are going to be at Mask Fest, give me a shout!


                                FACEBOOK          TWITTER          INSTAGRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment