Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Bottled Up, 10.9


FACE OFF WENT ON A MAGIC CARPET RIDE LAST WEEK:

Tackling the intriguing world of genies, the artists had a huge variety of interesting lamps to pull inspiration from. But I gotta say, I was a little disappointed that there was not a lot of Arabian influence in most of them. I totally am into taking inspiration from the lamp, but I wanted to see a bit more of a merge between the mythology and the culture. That is why Yvonne is in my top looks this week! Loved that you translated the shape of the lamp into a very traditional, geographically appropriate genie. Rob's genie was very cool and an excellent example of using the forms in the lamp in his design. Very cool! Nice work you two!!




ANNOUNCEMENTS: 
My 30 Day Halloween Challenge is pretty much launched! Model sign ups close tonight, the costume crew is selecting their assignments, and the photographers are ready to be scheduled. This is going to be WAY bigger than last years! And to top it off, makeup artists from all over Instagram are taking on the challenge with me. It would be AWESOME if any of you would be interested in joining, even just for one word! If you want more info, just DM me on Insta or Twitter!

The challenge: 
Inspired by an ancient lamp, create the genie that lives inside
Our concepts: So like I said, I am a sucker for traditional genies. I was inspired by one of the tall lamps in the back of the group that had a wide base, slender body, and tall top with golden balls. The handle was very thin and took a wide curve. I used the shape of my lamp to inspire this powerful djinn: the tail creates the shape of the spout, while his body and wardrobe mimic the body of the lamp. I was not only inspired by the vessel but Arabian architecture in creating his unusual skull shape. The tall head is reminiscent of headdresses worn by royalty in ancient times.



As always, share your thoughts! We love that we are getting to know the Season 10 family and you are starting to interact with us more. Find us on Social Media, give us a shoutout, and as always, keep up the incredible work! And again, if you are going to be at Mask Fest, give me a shout!


                                FACEBOOK          TWITTER          INSTAGRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment