Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Skull Island: Reign of Kong, 10.12


YOU GUYS ROCK

I just want to share that Seth and I have SO enjoyed interacting with the Season 10 artists...after tweeting for 5 seasons live, but interacting with almost all of the Face Off alums, we have definitely connected with some more than others. But we have received so much love from you guys and have truly enjoyed you sharing your art with us as we share ours with you. THANK YOU :))

Ok, done being sappy before we enter the finale. Last week was a tough challenge!
MELLLLLL... still getting over it, but can't think about it now. Melissa killed it with her evolved-bug-species...I feel like our characters could kick it together!


The challenge: 
Take one of the species found on Skull Island, and evolve it into an intelligent race
Our concepts: I remember watching the King Kong remake (blech...oh, sorry) as a kid and being absolutely horrified during the insect pit scene. I couldn't get over the bugs jumping on his back and just nibbling at him and the giant spiders were my worst nightmare...it was traumatic to say the least. SO I knew I wanted to do a bug creature because of that. I drew on more of the crustacean/arachnid elements and created some of the armored plating along the body, a wide head, and added some devolved legs that act as spinners. My arachnoid race use their skilled weaving abilities to create clothing, weapons, and store food.


FINALE PART 1! HERE WE GO!!

As always, share your thoughts!  Find us on Social Media, give us a shoutout, and as always, keep up the incredible work! And again, if you are going to be at Mask Fest, give me a shout!


                                FACEBOOK          TWITTER          INSTAGRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment