Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Art of Warcraft, 10.11


WOW (lol) FACE OFF KILLED IT LAST WEEK!!

While I was never a player of the World of Warcraft RPG, I was always intrigued by the world and characters that they created over several years. Very excited for the movie to see how these long-standing video game characters will translate onto the big screen. But we got a sneak peek with the Season 10 artists last week at how that might happen, and this was a phenomenal challenge! I was sad to see some of my favorites struggle a bit, but per usual, TEAM MEL KICKIN BUTT AND TAKING NAMES!! Loved the Troll, very true to the game. You go girl! And WALTER, holy moly, THAT is what I'm talking about. This Draenei could walk out on set TODAY! Awesome work, so cool and wicked coloring!



The challenge: 
Inspired by one of the races in the World of Warcraft, create a realistic character that could be seen in the film version of the game
Our concepts: Seth and I both agreed, even in our limited knowledge of the game, that the Draenei are the best species, but Seth claimed it within like 5 minutes of the episode! Soooooo I went with option 2 which was the Troll! I created a Troll Druid who I wanted to feel very tribal...unfortunately, my troll ended up looking very similar to Mel's troll and I wish I could have diversified it a little more. Went for a  little bluer base color though. Something that was important to me was making the shoulders feel prominent because of the anatomy of the troll species and even though I was creating a more realistically sized nose, to keep the rest of his facial structures proportionate. Seth created a Draenei Hunter and I LOVE how his drawing came out! I think it was an interesting choice to create a thinner male since the Draenei we see are all typically beefed out warriors, this one is more like a hipster spy Draenei. I think he made some great choices around the facial tendrils and choosing which ones to emphasize. His character definitely stands out as an original character from that world.



Can't believe we are FINAL 4 TONIGHT!!

As always, share your thoughts! We love that we are getting to know the Season 10 family and you are starting to interact with us more. Find us on Social Media, give us a shoutout, and as always, keep up the incredible work! And again, if you are going to be at Mask Fest, give me a shout!


                                FACEBOOK          TWITTER          INSTAGRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment