Tuesday, March 14, 2017

11.7 Puppet Masters

Ok, back on track tonight!


I have to say, starting the show off with an elimination...OUCH! Rachael and Gage, you are both phenomenal artists, and I appreciate your humility. Watching your tearful goodbye had me emotional as well, but I am so thrilled to see you are doing amazing things. Wishing you the best!

The challenge: 
Should Pinocchio have been made by a craftsman of a different trade, create a puppet character that has come to life.

My concept: SO I sympathize completely with Ben and Evan because I chose Goldsmith thinking I would enjoy the challenge, and I ended up struggling with my concept for a long time. Thinking about what these craftsmen make, I wanted to insert more ornate elements into the design of my character. I landed on a Venetian inspired doll with an elaborate headdress, mask, and chest piece. I also wanted to keep some of the traditional "Pinocchio" qualities in the design of the face to keep it whimsical and light.

Here are my golden puppet up close:


Top Looks:



I LOVE these looks! Emily and Tyler NAILED the fabric doll quality and created a stunningly beautiful character! Cig and George always manage to create such strong whimsical characters, and their rodeo clown is no exception! Both duos utilized such incredible texturing in their characters to create incredible realism. Way to go guys, great work!

Now let's break out those fat suits!
Be sure to tweet and comment on Instagram!


                                FACEBOOK          TWITTER          INSTAGRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment