Monday, February 20, 2017

11.4, Snow Queen

Last week's challenge was very cool!


I see what you did with that Elsa braid McKenzie, very nice! I enjoyed this episode and how it had such a wide variety of interpretations for such a classic idea. Great work everyone. Cat and Niko, I am sad to see you leave the show, but it is so great to see the amazing projects you work on together (your genie sculpt and your engagement photos to name a few)! Keep it up, and all the best!


The challenge: 

Inspired by the individuality of snowflake's, create a unique snow queen character

My concept: I found a snowflake reference that had some longer prongs on the side, and they reminded me of antlers, which I thought was a perfect winter reference. Rather than make my snow queen animalistic or for her to have icy horns, I drew inspiration from birch trees. I always love how they look in the snow, and thought that my queen would live hidden amongst the forest, so she should feel very much a part of it. I wanted her to feel very mysterious and drew on Nordic lore for the aesthetics. Also, I took a page from Tyler and Emily's snow queen and incorporated some of those light brown colors into the beauty makeup which I think read very well.


Here is a closer look at my snow queen character:



Top Looks of the Week

 


Once again, Tyler and Emily and Adam and Logan are dominating our top looks! I loved the unexpected use of coloring for a wintery character on Team Wonderful's forest character! Way to step out of the box and create an amazing character, and it obviously inspired elements of my concept as well. Adam and Logan's character looked like something straight out of a video game, and while the judge's may not have liked the armor, I felt it had that stylized RPG aesthetic to it. Nice work teams!

Excited for some creepy transformations this week!
Cannot wait to see what you create this week! Be sure to tweet and comment on Instagram!


                                FACEBOOK          TWITTER          INSTAGRAM

2 comments:

  1. WOw,wow , and double WOOOOWW 8-D This is absolutely stunning and wonderfully detailed. Another awesome drawing. Does she a have name? What's the snowflake look like. If you did add, what would she scepter look like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenna, thank you SO much for your compliments! Glad you like her!! Her name is Drífa, and I wish I could attach the picture of the snowflake in the comments, but it won't let me! Her staff would be made of birch as well with tangled beads, string, and the skulls of animals that have frozen during the harsh winter.

      Delete